Review of Community Council Scheme
Following the preliminary period of consultation a draft Scheme has been produced. A summary of the consultation process and key findings are included in the attached report which was approved at today’s Council meeting (7 February 2019). This will be available to watch on the Council’s webcast site once archived (usually within 24 hours of conclusion of meeting).
The first statutory consultation period begins on 11 February 2019 and a public notice will be placed in the Evening News advertising this. Community councils and the public are invited to comment on the draft Scheme and complaints procedure which are attached as appendices to the report.
A copy of the report and proposed Scheme is available for inspection by the public and community councillors at locality offices, libraries and https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/ .It can also be downloaded using the link below.
The following drop-in sessions have been arranged, I will be in attendance on these dates to answer questions on the draft scheme:
- 21 February 2019, 1 – 2 pm, Drumbrae Library Hub, 81 Drumbrae Drive.
- 21 February 2019, 3 – 4 pm, Wester Hailes Library, 1 Westside Plaza.
- 28 February 2019, 2- 3 pm, South East Office, 40 Captain’s Road.
- 28 February 2019, 4 – 5 pm, East Office, 101 Niddrie Mains Road.
- 6 March 2019, 5.30 – 6.30 pm, City Chambers, High Street.
Comments and feedback from this consultation will help to inform the revised Community Council Scheme.