Community Council Annual Administrative Grant
The grant is based on a fixed sum of £522 plus £0.02 per head of population within the community.
Examples of expenditure:
- Hall/Meeting Room Hire
- Production of community council newsletter / annual report
- Design or maintenance of community council’s website
- Involving people in local decision making (eg surveys or consultations on local issues)
- Participation in Neighbourhood Partnership activity (ie any administration costs incurred by the community council becoming involved in Local and Area Community Planning processes)
- Developing links with other Local Groups (eg any costs incurred from joint working with organisations such as the local history society, pathways/environment group, young people, minority groups etc)
- Community council publicity and promotion eg advertising meetings, purchase of noticeboards, production of leaflets and flyers, stand at community gala day
- Membership/Affiliation fees
- Auditor's Fee
- Conference attendance
- Contribution to community gala days, Christmas light switching on celebrations
EACC belongs to every Edinburgh Community Council
Its aim is to provide support, advise and give a collective voice for community councils when facing the challenges community councillors encounter on an almost daily basis. No one person is more important than any other. All community councils have a voice on the EACC!!