Detailed on the link below are a few changes to the planning process:
- Planning officers can now grant planning permission for householder development (house extensions and alterations) with up to 20 material objections.
- Planning officers can now grant listed building consent for householder listed building applications with up to 20 material objections.
- Planning officers can now refuse planning permission, listed building consent, advert consent, etc. for any application with up to 20 support comments.
- A Committee decision (this involves Councillors) is needed where there are unresolved objections from statutory consultees, including Community Councils where they have that status.
- A Committee decision is needed where the recommendation is at odds with the views of the Community Council as a Consultee.
As the link details, this will be reviewed after one year.